Mental Health First Aid in the workplace – whether that’s online or in-house
Siendo can help you train your employees wherever they are currently working from – be it online, at your office or another COVID-secure location.
Formal training gives them the toolkit to support themselves and others through periods of mental ill health, something that many may be experiencing for the first time right now.
Scroll down to see our courses at a glance or book a call with us to discuss your options.
We can also tailor packages to include wellbeing talks on relevant topics.
Book no-obligation, 30-minute consultation call with Rebecca to find out more about supporting your staff with Mental Health First Aid training.
How do you prioritise employee welfare in periods of uncertainty?
Take a breath. Drop your shoulders. Unclench your jaw.
Do you find yourself – right now – juggling everyday aspects of employee welfare with the stress of supporting your entire workforce through the unpredictable and the indefinite trauma of the ongoing pandemic?
If you’re looking for resources on how to support your employees in the short term through COVID-19, click here.
From personal trauma to job uncertainty.
From makeshift home-office ergonomics to a new, blurred, work-life balance.
Your business is likely experiencing an unprecedented level of stress, but so are your employees. It’s your responsibility to support them and ensure they don’t resort to unhelpful coping strategies, like overworking – especially those working remotely.
Take a breath. Remember that you’re going through that same trauma too.
Mental Health First Aiders, especially in the current remote environment, should be at the top of your employee welfare strategy. Right up there with their physical counterparts.
The good news is that for every Mental Health First Aider you train within your business you have one more point of support for your employees.
It doesn’t have to fall entirely on your shoulders.
Invest in employee mental health training and build a strong foundation of support for wellbeing in the workplace – wherever the workplace actually is right now.
Book a free, 30 minute call with Rebecca to find out how you can support your employee’s wellbeing today.
Mental Health Courses we offer
Two-Day Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
This course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing;
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues;
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress;
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening;
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
- Two-day face to face course across four manageable sessions**
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
- For the duration of this course, you will have an instructor on hand to support you through this learning experience.
*Due to COVID-19 and the desperate need for mental health support: MHFA England have adapted their two-day F2F course to fit the online world. The online course will be split between four live sessions to provide a comfortable blend of live training sessions and self-learning activities.Any questions, feel free to reach out: hello@Siendo.co.uk.
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
‘Mental Health Aware’ – Online Course
‘Mental Health Aware’ is a fantastic half day, introductory course designed to increase mental health awareness, as well as improve our understanding of how to look after our wellbeing.
The course covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
MHFA England will send the delegate manuals and workbooks directly to each delegate. Therefore, each registrant must provide a postal address in order to book onto an online course. Postal details will be entered by the delegates onto MHFA England website directly, so your instructor will not have sight of your address and this will remain private.
There is a six-day lead time for receiving materials. This means that delegates must register within six days of the course start date in order to receive the materials in time.
Following completion of the course and feedback form, you will receive an electronic certificate to show you are ‘Mental Health Aware’.
By the end of the course:
- You will have had an introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing.
- You will gain confidence to support others who may be experiencing mental health issues.
- You will have an informative course manual and workbook to facilitate your continued self-study.
*Due to COVID-19, and the desperate need for mental health support, we have adapted the half day course so this can be delivered online. This course is currently only available online.